Teko Socks has created this blog to highlight some of the great ideas they receive from customers every day. Since these ideas are great and don't do much good sitting in our inboxes, we figured that sharing them with you is the best idea. As a token of our appreciation, everyone who is posted on this site recieves a free pair of Teko socks! Enjoy the blog and check out www.tekosocks.com

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Laura From Anchorage Alaska writes

Greetings!

I like your website, links, and eco-blog! I haven't tried your socks yet, but I look forward to it in the near future (I just learned of them). As a trail-running and outdoor enthusiast I'm passionate about the environment and also about having good quality, durable gear, especially socks!

Some ideas for the eco-blog on clothing and fabric...and TP roll tubes!

Here's something simple I do to make use of old t-shirts or soft fabric too worn to donate. I cut out the usable fabric in handy shapes for use as handkerchiefs. They're great to tuck in a pack or pocket during a trail run or ski! Sew two together, if desired. This recycles the fabric and reduces paper waste. No more white dust, and no worries if you leave it in your pocket on laundry day! They also make great emergency bandages, mini-towels, etc...

If you like to sew, using clothing with fine fabric too worn to donate or fix, cut out neat squares and finish the edges for cloth napkins. Take a TP or papertowel tube and slice into smaller rings, cover with fabric and you have coordinating napkins and napkin rings!

Also, I choose to buy the majority of my clothing second-hand (not socks, of course). I find top-quality apparel for work as well as for my outdoor adventures (fleece-lined Pearl Izumi tights, Sugoi jerseys, Patagonia Capilene, to name a few) paying as little as 99 cents for some of them!

Cheers!

Laura

No comments: